|Cross Sectional Area||Copper Construction||Inner Dia.||Outer Dia Appx.||Max. Conductor Resistance at 20˚C||Max. Current (Amb. Temp of 40˚C)|
|AWG||Nos. / Dia. mm||mm||mm||Ω/km||AMPS|
|6||273 / 0.254||8.00||10.70||1.39||115|
|4||427 / 0.254||9.50||12.10||0.873||150|
|2||651 / 0.254||11.00||14.20||0.554||205|
|1||817 / 0.254||11.70||15.40||0.44||240|
|1/0||1045 / 0.254||12.30||16.30||0.349||285|
|2/0||1330 / 0.254||14.40||18.70||0.276||325|
|3/0||1672 / 0.254||16.60||20.80||0.221||380|
|4/0||2146 / 0.254||18.20||23.00||0.175||440|
|250MCM||2508 / 0.254||21.10||27.60||0.149||495|
|350MCM||3496 / 0.254||20.80||30.80||0.106||680|
|500MCM||5013 / 0.254||26.80||34.00||0.0743||720|
- The number of wires is approximate and wire diameter is nominal; they shall be such as to satisfy the requirements of conductor resistance of UL-83.
- In view of continuous improvements in our design and process, specifications given here in are subject change without notice.
> All are flexible conductor
> Insulation material is NBR
> Sheath material is NBR
Welding Cable has a rope lay Class K stranded soft
drawn bare copper conductor per ASTM B-172.
Polyester tape (25 to 30) Micron
NBR Rubber Double Sheath, black and oil resistant
*Any other Color on specific request can also be supplied
|Fixed installation||:||-30°c to max.+ 90°C|
|Nominal voltage||:||600 V|
|Test voltage||:||3000 V|
|Mechnical properties||:||Tensile strength = 10 N/mm 2 Min.|
Elongation = 300 Min.
|Min. bending radius||:||4 x cable diameter|
|Flame propagation||:||Flame retardant test|
as per IEC 60332-1
Welding Cable is for use on connections from electrode holders and clamps to arc welders, bus welding box
or transformers. Welding cable is for applications up to 600 volts and temperatures from -30°C to +90°C.
- Ultra high performance flexible welding lead, double insulated
- Better flame retardant properties
- Excellent flexibility to last longer in flex applicationsBased on CENELEC HD 22-6 31, VDE 0282, IEC 245-6, IS 473, BS 638-4
- Outstanding toughness & durability
- High resistance to cuts, tears & abrasion
- Resistance to oil, solvents and chemicals
- Excellent ozone and weather resistant
Current Rating :
The maximum current ratings of flexible welding cables for different duly cycles are based on an ambient air temperature of 25°c and a maximum conductor temperature of 90°c. The percentage duly cycles for various processes and applications are as follows:
- Automobile Welding : up to 100%
- Semi-automatic Welding : 30% to 85%
- Manual Welding : 0% to 60%
- Very intermittent or Occasional Welding : up to 20%
Voltage Drop :
When total cable lengths in excess of 15 mtrs., are involved, it may be necessary to use cables of larger cross
section to ensure that the voltage drop is not excessive and welding currents are maintained at adequate levels.